Basketweave Knitted Infinity Scarf Pattern – Beautiful & Warm Fashion Accessory
Basketweave Knitted Infinity Scarf Pattern
Use this Basketweave Knitted Infinity Scarf pattern to knit up a beautiful & practical fashion accessory in no time at all, using double-stranded worsted weight yarn on 8mm needles. It may take you a half-hour or so to master the stitches, but there really are only 2 stitches involved for the entire scarf! Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to whip it up in no time. Fashionable and warm, you can wear it long or twist it in a figure-8 for a closer fit around the neck.
- Cascade Yarns “Pinwheel”, 2-100 gm (3.5 oz) skeins (180 meters or 200 yards each). You may choose another worsted weight yarn of your choice. Exact gauge is not important. Mine is 8” wide by 60” long.
- Needles – 8 mm (US#11)
• Basketweave Infinity Scarf is knit with 2 strands held together throughout.
• Slipping the 1st two stitches of each row creates beautiful sides that won’t curl.
• Because this stitch is awkward to ‘unknit’ if you make a mistake, you may want to add a Safety Line to your RS row every so often as you knit. Move it up from time to time.
Holding 2 strands of yarn together, cast on 31 stitches.
(WS) set-up row: Purl.
Row 1 (RS): Slip first stitch knitwise wyib, slip second stitch purlwise wyib. *Skip next stitch on needle and knit into the stitch below tbl while leaving both stitches on needle. K the skipped stitch and drop both stitches off needle*. Repeat between the * until 1 stitch from end of row. Ktbl.
Row 2 (WS) Slip first two stitches (1 at a time) purl-wise wyif. *Skip next stitch on needle and purl into the stitch below while leaving both stitches on needle. P the skipped stitch and drop both stitches off needle.* Repeat between the * until 1 stitch from end of row. P last stitch.
Repeat rows 1 & 2 until your work measures between 54” and 60”, finishing on a WS row. Note that depending on the yarn you use, this stitch will expand when blocked. Particularly important if you are using 100% wool or a wool mix.
Bind off: SSK, *K, pso* until the last 2 stitches. K2 tog, pso. Break yarn, leaving enough for sewing the seam together, and pull through last stitch.
Block cowl to desired dimensions BEFORE seaming, and allow to dry. Sew ends together.
- K – Knit
- P – Purl
- k2tog – Knit 2 together
- WS – Wrong side
- RS – Right side
- Wyib – With yarn in BACK
- Tbl – Through back of loop
- Wyif – With yarn in FRONT
- SSK – Slip, slip, knit
- pso – Pass stitch over